[This post is from July 2013, and the position will be filled mid-August 2013]
Do you have a creative, entrepreneurial mindset, and know how to run an efficient organisation that really delivers?
Do you have the passion, talent and experience to lead development in our region as well as our organisation?
Are you equally adept at working with cashflow forecasts, early-stage enterprises and creative professionals?
If you answered ‘yes’ to those questions, then we’d love for you to….
Join the Pollinators Team
Below are the details of the role we’re recruiting for. Please contact Andrew on 0466694702 straight away if interested as we’re recruiting for an immediate start.
Pollinators Inc is a growing, Geraldton-based social enterprise that grows innovations and entrepreneurs that contribute to healthy, resilient communities. We do this through the services and projects describe at https://www.pollinators.org.au which include:
- SPACES — managing CityHive, a large coworking space, community ‘hub’, meeting and event venue in the Geraldton CBD,
- COMMUNITY — supporting a growing membership base of community leaders, social entrepreneurs and non-profit organisations,
- LEARNING — planning and delivering regular learning events, training sessions, workshops and multi-session enterprise development programs.
Pollinators is recruiting for a new ‘Operations Manager’ role. The role would suit an experienced, responsible professional who has proven ability to act autonomously, create value for members and clients, and make best use of limited resources to deliver on Pollinators mission. The successful applicant will be willing to: really invest themselves in the organisation, live the organisation’s values, take responsibility for the success of new initiatives, and be part of a dynamic, collaborative, purpose-driven team culture.
The role requires attention on several related areas of Pollinators operations. The primary accountabilities for this role would include:
- Running CityHive — ensuring that services meet tenant and visitor expectations. This includes day-to-day running of an efficient, financially sustainable shared workspace and event venue,
- Project Management — scoping, planning and managing projects related to online services, urban regeneration, multi-session learning programs and community development,
- Operations Management — diligently collecting and reporting on key financial and social metrics, and making recommendations to the Executive Officer and Board based on that data,
This role would also contribute to other areas of Pollinators work. The Executive Officer leads on business development and curating/delivering the content for learning programs and the Marketing and Membership Officer would lead on marketing, communications and member relations. The Operations Manager would support them in their roles through:
- Business Development — contribute to securing of new resources for new projects, attracting members, tenants, clients, sponsors and partners,
- Creating Community — make connections between people, share ideas, start meaningful conversations, and promote the good work of our members and tenants.
- Marketing and Communications— contributing content to newsletters, participating in conversations through social media,
We’re seeking a professional person with demonstrated ability to deliver great services and projects. Examples of skills and experience we’re ideally seeking include:
- Ability to creatively deliver high quality services within resource constraints e.g. workable solutions using whatever is available,
- Efficient and successful in managing multiple roles, relationships and projects e.g. super-organised and showing attention to detail,
- Business-minded while being committed to community development e.g. experience in both businesses and community groups,
- Willing to learn and use new approaches, tools, and ideas e.g. using web-based tools, and facilitating effective meetings,
- Skilled at communicating sensitively, effectively to multiple, diverse audiences e.g. government, corporates and activists,
- Brings something special and has other interesting skills e.g. photographer, teacher, accountant, artist or…?!
We’ll give you good money, great conditions and plenty or learning and development opportunities. The pay and conditions include:
- Pay between $39,520 – $59,280 pa ($20-$30/hr) depending on skills and experience,
- Superannuation and paid leave,
- Allowances for professional development,
- A 6-month contract to start,
We are ideally seeking someone to work full-time, though could work with the right person who can only commit to part-time work (e.g. 9-3 each day or only 3-4 days/week).
Working from CityHive with Pollinators is a highly desirable role in an ethical, healthy, professional environment leading an enterprise doing very creative and meaningful work.
The first step (and we suggest you take it now — we’re recruiting for an immediate start) for interested applicants is to contact Pollinators Executive Officer, Andrew Outhwaite on 0466694702. After the first conversation, we’ll get you to give information that demonstrates your suitability for this role e.g. CV, websites, referees, and a statement on why you are best suited to do this. The first step though is to contact the Executive Officer.
Interviews are planned for the 9th and 12th August 2013.
We look forward to hearing from you!