Pollinators Inc is a member-based social enterprise founded as an Incorporated Association in December 2010 in Geraldton, Western Australia. Being a social enterprise means we operate like a business, generating more than 60% of our revenue from paying customers. Using a mix of earned revenue and grant funding we are able to achieve our social mission and grow thriving regional communities while remaining financially resilient.
Pollinators’ Mission is embedded in our Rules of Association and is to
“Nurture innovations and people that enable healthy, resilient communities”
- Connected — locally, globally, personally, digitally with innovators, investors, and institutions that can aid in our mission
- Collaborative — facilitating partnerships between members, across organisations and sectors, and within regions to solve social challenges
- Creative — being open, inspired and adaptable in how we think and act to support our members, ventures, and healthy, resilient communities
Our Objectives include:
- Raising awareness of social innovation and social entrepreneurship,
- Providing practical support for innovators and entrepreneurs,
- Researching and sharing cases, tools and knowledge,
- Enabling collaboration within and across sectors of society,
- Partnering with individuals and organisations with aligned objectives.
“By 2020, Greater Geraldton will be globally-recognised as a model for sustainable communities”
We believe in the human and economic potential of our region’s innovators and entrepreneurs. Pollinators community, services, and projects (our ‘ecosystem of support’) exist to create the best possible conditions for new and existing ventures to grow, and for the whole community to benefit. A greater number of more successful social ventures will mean healthier, more resilient communities now, and for the future.
CityHive is regional Australia’s largest and longest-established coworking space operating from an inspiring Heritage-listed building on Geraldton’s main street. CreativeHub is our new coworking space for creative industries, spread across two buildings 189-191 Marine Terrace.
All three buildings had been vacant for more than a decade before we lead their regeneration. Around the buildings we’ve collaborated with artists, volunteers and retailers to fill spaces with urban art, pop-up shops and community gardens.
Pollinators is regional Australia’s leading member-based organisation focused on growing innovations and entrepreneurship.
Members connect, collaborate and benefit from member perks while growing a stronger communities. Members get access to regular events, online forums, newsletters and collaborative projects ranging from pop-up restaurants to festival and large-scale urban regeneration.
Pollinators offers a diverse mix of learning events and programs to members and the wider community. There’s something for everyone: accelerators for high-growth commercial ventures, coding clubs for kids, and support for community organisations to be financially self-sustaining.
Our programs respond to member and community needs, feature world-class experts and address topics ranging from strategy, marketing, peer mentoring, sustainability, leadership, technology and more.