- This event has passed.
We Love Local? Panel Discussion
March 11, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pollinators’ members and partners are coming together for a month-long series of surveys, dialogue, training and action around on the allure and economics of buying, procuring, eating or even banking local.
Everyone from government policy-makers to weekend coffee-drinkers think about the social and economic impact of ‘local’, and it’s a conversation that needs to be had.
Does buying local really makes our community or world a better place? Who is local, anyway? What are other criteria I could use to guide how I buy? If I want to sell or market my local services, how can I do this better?
The panel discussion will be facilitated by Jo Blayney, of Insightful Coaching and Consulting. Panel members on the discussion include:
- Jason McFarlane of Pracsys — Jason is an economist who’s had long involvement with local economic development in Australia and in Geraldton.
- Johnny Barber of Drylands Permaculture Farm — Johnny is an accredited Permaculture teacher and part or the team behind on of the world’s leading demonstrations of sustainable dryland agriculture.
- Greg Payne of Karara Mining — Greg leads on Karara’s community engagement initiatives, including the innovation park, and partnerships to grow sustainable local enterprises through corporate procurement.
- Paula Fletcher of Calypso Designs — Paula is part of the team behind the ‘We Love KB‘ maps in Kalgoorlie-Boulder which aim to highlight and promote local, independent business and attractions.
- John Stanley of John Stanley Associates — Retail consultant and reputable speaker and adviser on growing local enterprise
Join us for this live AND webcast discussion amongst locals and leading experts about eating, buying and living local.
You can join ‘live’ at CityHive, or via GoToTraining (online), and participants will be able to ask questions and participate in the discussion.
For details of other events during this month, check the ‘We Love Local?’ page on Pollinators website.
Proudly bought to you in partnership with