- This event has passed.
Lunchtime Labs – Venture Accelerator Programs
July 22, 2015 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
A “Lunchtime Lab” reviewing the current offerings and future plans for ‘accelerator’ programs for ventures in the Midwest.
The intention is that out of this session we will have reviewed the lessons, models and timing of these programs to fit with each other, and also with accelerator programs and more general business support programs in Geraldton and Perth. Pollinators will share with participants the details of the program models, evaluation results, costs and invites all participants, collaborators and competitors to come, contribute and collaborate on ensuring that commercial and social ventures in our region are well-supported.
Pollinators has previously delivered:
- Startup Weekend https://pollinators.org.au/learning/startup-weekend/
- Flock https://pollinators.org.au/learning/flock/
- Catalyst https://pollinators.org.au/learning/catalyst-overview/
- Is working on Groundswell with MWCCI https://pollinators.org.au/2015/01/23/groundswell/ etc.
There are also other programs, courses being delivered or proposed by other providers in the Midwest, for example:
- Future Leaders, which has some focus on ventures or projects http://www.mwcci.com.au/default.aspx?WebPageID=23
- ATC Midwest, which is doing an increasing number of courses and training http://www.atc-midwest.com.au/
- Cre8, who run occassional leadership / venture development programs
And regular (and many new) programs in Perth that Pollinators members have participated in, including:
- Startup Weekend
- Curtin Ignition
- Upstart etc.
Regular Lunchtime Lab Description
Do you have an idea, products, services or projects you want some advice on?
While they may ask other members individually, or the whole community in our online forums, there’s often great value in getting a good discussion going with knowledgeable people. Hence our new “Lunchtime Labs”.
Every Wednesday between 12:30 and 1:30pm Pollinators staff, members will gather to put ideas and projects on the table for shared investigation. We’ll use our experience, expertise and tools to help the idea of venture progress.
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- Register to attend: Members can just ‘join’ on Facebook or Podio events. Non-members can join for a ‘taste’ of Pollinators for $15 by registering with their email.
- Be open. Be prepared to connect, collaborate and get creative, and share ideas, knowledge and insights.
- Respect confidentiality. ‘Chatham House Rules‘ are enacted at all our Lunchtime Labs and Peer Learning Sessions “Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed“.
- Bring your lunch! Discounts are on offer from Jaffle Shack and Culinary HQ for Pollinators members.
Note: If you are not in Geraldton, we can set up a Webconference so you can join remotely via any digital device. Just contact us at Pollinators: firstname.lastname@example.org