- This event has passed.
December 16, 2015 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm$10
This Wednesday is our final Lunchtime Lab for 2015, and will be a catered lunch and briefing on Innovation.
Please RSVP by this public link and bring $10 to pay for lunch.
The ‘Lab’ question will be around “What must we do in the next 100 days to both (re)position ourselves to as a region leading innovation?”
Andrew will provide a briefing on the new landscape of innovation in Australia and WA, based on outcomes from recent announcements and meetings. Federal and State policy and our economic focus has shifted rapidly and the Midwest can take advantage of this. Relevant initiatives that will be discussed:
- Federal #IdeasBoom Innovation policy http://www.innovation.gov.au and briefing with Wyatt Roy (assistant Minister for Innovation)
- WA Startup Ecosystem draft report released on Tuesday http://www.startupwa.org
- WestTechFest http://ozapp.com.au Unearthed Demo Day http://unearthed.solutions/demo-day-2015/ and related statements from State government
- Leveraging the benefits of the SKA through Research and Innovation (attached)
- Progressing the Innovation pillar of the MWDC blueprint http://www.mwdc.wa.gov.au/blueprint.aspx
Format for Lunchtime Labs:
Do you have an idea, products, services or projects that could use a creative, collaborative boost?
While you can connect with other members individually, or the whole community in our online forums, there’s often great magic that happens face-to-face, hence our new “Lunchtime Labs”.
Every Wednesday between 12:30 and 1:30pm Pollinators staff, members will gather to put ideas and projects on the table for shared investigation. We’ll use our experience, expertise and tools to help the idea of venture progress.
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- Register to attend: Members can just ‘join’ on Facebook or Podio events. Non-members can join for a ‘taste’ of Pollinators for $10 each session.
- Be open. Be prepared to connect, collaborate and get creative, and share ideas, knowledge and insights.
- Respect confidentiality. ‘Chatham House Rules‘ are enacted at all our Lunchtime Labs and Peer Learning Sessions “Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed“.
- Bring your lunch! Discounts are on offer from Jaffle Shack and Culinary HQ for Pollinators members.
Be open. Be prepared to connect, collaborate and get creative, and share ideas, knowledge and insights.
Respect confidentiality. ‘Chatham House Rules’ are enacted at all our Lunchtime Labs and Peer Learning Sessions “Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed”.
Bring your lunch! Discounts are on offer from Jaffle Shack and Culinary HQ for Pollinators members.
Not in Geraldton? There is a recurring Webconference set up via GoToMeeting: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/898566413 Click the link to join this meeting from your desktop, laptop, iPhone:registered:, iPad:registered:, Android:registered: or Windows Phone:registered: device via the GoToMeeting app. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone: Dial +61 2 9087 3605 — Access Code: 898-566-413 — Meeting ID: 898-566-413