- This event has passed.
Pitch to Play: final preparation session for the Greater Geraldton Investor Showcase
December 1, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Participation in this event is compulsory for all ventures wanting to present at the Showcase on 9th December.
This session will give you access to expert coaching on pitches, and last-minute mentoring and advice on your venture and proposal.
All participants will be be briefed on the activities planned for the 9th, identifying opportunities and people to connect with, strategies and next steps beyond December.
All participants will pitch to a judging panel in the afternoon, with the outcome being a limited number of ventures selected for different streams of activities on the 9th.
This will be a day of active working – you will need to bring your laptop (or ask to borrow one from us) in order to finalise your documents, pitches etc.
Please register and RSVP for catering purposes.
Going in to 9th December (we will have a minimum of)
- Early Stage: 8-10 projects workshopped/pitched (incl. youth)
- Growth: 4-6 ventures workshopped/pitched
- Public-Private: 2-4 projects workshopped/pitched
- 9:00 – 9:30 — Welcoming
- Briefing about today
- 9:30 – 10:00 — Venture review
- 10:00 – 10:45 — Pitch training
- 10:45 – 11:00 — Morning Tea
- 11:00 – 12:30 — Mentoring
- 12:30 – 1:00 — Lunch
- 1:00 – 3:00 — Pitches, judging, peer review
- Jason McFarlane, Far Lane
- Glen Whistler-Carr, MWCCI
- Trish Palmonari, MWDC / Progress Midwest
- Brendon Davies, Ascend Results / Pollinators Inc
- 3 – 3:30 — Minister for Innovation
- 3:30 – 4:00 — Judging
- 3:30 – 4:00 — Briefing re: 9th
- 4:00 — Announcement of finalists, streams for different participants, Q&A
- 4:30 – 5:00 — Individual check-in