- This event has passed.
WACOSS webinar: The Role of the Chair and Running Meetings
May 29, 2014 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This is a WEBINAR presented by WACOSS and will be hosted at CityHive
The primary role of the Chairperson is one of leading, facilitating and encouraging, rather than directing and
controlling. Most importantly the role of chair is about ensuring that the board is effective in its tasks of setting
and implementing the organisation’s direction and strategy. Today, this expanded role of the Chairperson also requires more responsibility for the overall performance of the organisation and the rest of the board . The Chairperson also plays a crucial role in promoting ethical and responsible decision-making.
Who should attend?
This course is for new and experienced Chairpersons and those considering being a Chairperson. Other Board members and CEO’s are also welcome.
What the Training Covers:
• Role of chair in providing leadership to the board – the characteristics, qualities and knowledge required
• How to create a condusive environment for strong and defensible decision-making
• Suggestions for structuring and involving Board members eg creating fluid portfolio of roles
• Ideas for taking responsibility for the board’s composition and development
• Planning and conducting board meetings effectively
• And loads of tips and resources