Be Connected is an Australia wide initiative empowering all Australians to thrive in a digital world, offering online learning resources as well as a Network of community partners like Pollinators. The FREE sessions offer in-person support so you can develop your digital skills and confidence.
Older Australians with low internet skills can often feel isolated from their community and family at a time in their lives when feeling connected is increasingly important.
Be Connected aims to change that through a family and community centred approach; it will help older Australians to realise the value of being connected online and provide access to appropriate training and support in a safe and familiar environment.
Launched in early October 2017, the Be Connected initiative delivers a range of resources specifically designed to support these Australians via:
- A dedicated website with information and interactive training tools and resources for older Australians, their families and peers, and local community organisations.
- Free access to personalised face to face help and support through the Be Connected Partner Network.
Sessions are driven by participant needs but can include how to:
- use a digital device
- access the internet
- be safe online
- send emails
- get started on Facebook and other social media
- shop online
- share holiday photos with family,
- make a video phone call to anyone for free
- and much more.
Be Connected Session Dates: March 7 & 21, April 4 & 11 from 1-3 pm.
Afternoon tea provided.
Please call Pollinators on 9965 5371 to RSVP!
Full details of this government-sponsored program are available at beconnected.esafety.gov.au.