Starting a new business is expensive. Invariably there’ll be outlays before revenue starts coming in – often large amounts of money. For many founders this can mean taking on outside equity investors, while others resort to debt that can haunt them for years. When starting up, it’s important to avoid debt as much as possible. […]
Tag Archives | startup
Pollinators Inc and partners are excited to be bringing two of Australia’s leading facilitators and investors in startup ventures to the Mid West.
Rob Nathan and Matt McFarlane are investors, entrepreneurs, mentors and advisers, and both are instrumental in Australia’s newest tech-focused startup accelerators: AMCOM Upstart. Greg Johnston is a commercialisation adviser with the Innovation Centre of WA, serial inventor, entrepreneur and founder of Xemplex and Advanced Wing Systems.
Over lunch Rob, Nathan and local startup successes will share their journey, insights and advice for pathways and support to accelerate the growth of your startup. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and network with peers and mentors.
Lessons shared will be relevant beyond ‘tech’ startups, and informative for any high-growth venture.
This event will feature:
- 12:30pm — Lunch and networking
- 1pm — Presentations, Q&A and panel discussion with Matt, Rob, and local successful high-growth ventures
- 2pm — Opportunities for one-on-one meetings with investors and mentors [limited places – see below]
To attend lunch and workshop: Please purchase a ticket to attend, or register for a free ticket if a Pollinators member.
To register for a one-on-one meeting: Once registered for the workshop, email email@example.com with details of your request for a one-on-one meeting.
This event is made possible thanks to AMCOM Upstart, Pollinators Inc, Regional Development Australia Midwest Gascoyne, Mid West Development Commission and the Australian Government’s Digital Enterprise program.
- AMCOM Upstart: http://www.amcomupstart.com.au/
- Pollinators Catalyst: https://pollinators.org.au/learning/catalyst-overview/
- Pollinators Groundswell: https://pollinators.org.au/2015/01/23/groundswell/
Meet and catch-up with Pollinators members at our monthly Third Friday Social Meetup.
Each month we have an inspiring topic, guest or feature that attracts all you doers, thinkers, innovators and creators.
This month we’ll be focusing on ‘What shall we do together in 2015?’
Each year Pollinators Inc invests time in evaluating the year just gone. During this time, we:
- Check-in and strengthen personal connections with and amongst members,
- Understand member needs, aspirations and opportunities,
- Consider changes to our services, programs and communications.
On Friday 23rd January we’re going to discuss this year’s program of events, services and programs. We’ll share and discuss:
- Learning, insights statistics and stories from 2014,
- Highlights of the feedback and suggestions we’ve been hearing from members,
- What we do in 2015.
We’re very openly considering any changes that could ensure the health and resilience of your ventures, Pollinators, and our communities this year, and how that will set the tone for our strategy to 2015.
Each month, topics and guests are sourced through suggestions from members: suggest a speaker or topic or any sort of event.
On the Third Friday of each month these events generally feature:
- An MC to facilitate connections and keep it rolling,
- A compelling question that gets conversations started,
- Special guests to share their stories, views or news,
- Drinks and nibbles to keep the energy bubbling.
Geraldton Startup Weekend was held over the 19th and 20th September, providing a structured, fun and fast way for local people to launch new ventures or projects. A mix of participants from business, government and community formed teams and used new tools to form, test, then present their ideas for new ventures. The benefits go beyond the prizes for the winning […]
On the evening of the 24th we were joined by web developers, ISPs, hardware and networking providers, app and software developers and digital consultants for the What’s App with You and Digital Net-Working Goodness events. The event allowed attendees the unique opportunity to share ideas about how digital industries can be supported, and hear the […]